Twitter has now officially released a new Tweet Button which shows a count of the number of times your post was shared on twitter . The button comes in three styles and has a new URL shortener(t.co)
If you are having a wordpress blog, then you can easily add the tweet button to your blog using the WordPress Tweet Button Plugin.
Upload the WP-TweetButton plugin to your blog, Activate it, and configure it from the TweetButton Menu in your WordPress Dashboard.wee
Here is a screenshot of the Configuration page.
= Features =
* Live count of tweets from Twitter
* Allows you to change the source which you retweet, E.g. “RT @yourname” or “via @yourname”
* Allows you to change the syntax of your tweet Eg:<Tweet Text> <short link> via @yourname,RT @yourname <Tweet Text> <short link>
* Allows you to add post categories and tags as hash tags in your tweets
* Allow you to set the type of the Tweet Counter(Vertical,Horizontal or none)
* Allows you to set the language of the button
* Allows you to recommend a second twitter account
* Allows you to add CSS styles
* Automatically adds the tweet button without the need of any template modification
* Allows further customization and Manual code insertion into the template
* Allows you manually to add a text link to tweet your posts
* Allows you to use the categories and tags of the post as hash tags in your tweet
* Use the post author’s twitter profile on his posts using %post_author% and %post_author_bio%
The plugin is capable of automatically inserting the Tweet button on all of your posts. But if you need to have more control over where the tweet button is placed, then choose the “Manually add the Function Call to the Template” option from your Tweet Button Configuration Page. Now edit your template and add the following code wher you want the tweet button to appear.